The Liebster Award 2.0
I was nominated by Anne@InkedBrownies during the summer (yeah I know. It’s been one hell of a year peeps… bear with me…) thanks Anne 🙂
This is the first time I’ve done one of these so be gentle with me…
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions assigned to you.
- Give 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 deserving bloggers for the award
- Ask 10 questions of your nominees.
Here are Anne’s questions:
What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
Ha! Too many to pick from…. Seriously.
How many books do you think you have read by now?
Oh… Gads. I dunno… counting only books I have read as an adult and not for school… like 10? Man that’s really embarrassing. (see when I say you don’t have to be a reader to be a writer I meant it) It can’t just be 10 can it? Wait… 3, 6, 9, 12, 14. 14 Really? Damn.
If you had to pick a bookish tattoo for yourself, what would it be of?
Oh easy! Pinching from my own books here Rayven’s lightning strike scar that runs from her hip up her side back and shoulder and looks vaguely like cherry blossom.
Did you grow up amongst other readers or are you the literary sheep in the family?
I was a big reader when I was a kid and fell out of it. No time, no attention span, astigmatisms and such all made me fall away from reading in my early teens and focus everything on swimming and guitar. My mum was a big reader, my brother not so much.
If you could write a book, what would it be about?
Lol (this one made me giggle) I have written 4 books so far in The Saga of Thistles and Roses which (at present) is planned out to be a mammoth 5 series saga, each series being at least 5 books long. I write Post-appocalyptic Scottish Mythical Fantasy.
What’s your favourite cake/pie/baked good?
Fresh Cream Apple Turnover – Hands down!
If you could choose to live in a different country, where would it be?
Nowhere. I would choose Scotland; but if I was forced I’d have to say Japan.
What would you do if you were without an internet connection for 80 days?
I’d write. And write. And write more.
What’s the most creative thing you’ve ever done?
Well I’m an author, photographer and graphic designer… so pretty much everything I do is creative. I’d say SoTaR world building is my best creative achievement though.
Describe yourself in three words.
Left of normal.
Ok so 10 things about me.
- Until I stopped working to care for my hubby I was a riding instructor.
- I’m a natural copy cat. I learn by imitation and instinctively copy what I can see before me – this is how I could ride as though I was experienced the first time I sat on a horse, how I learned to play the guitar by mirroring movement, how I learned to crochet (youtube for that one) If I can see it, I can usually do it.
- I have a really REALLY poor short term memory, yet I can remember learning to walk, I remember bouncing in a door swing even before that. I vividly remember visiting my brother the day he was born (I was 2.5) In fact Rookscragg in my books is based on my 2 year old’s memory of Bangour Hospital in Bathgate.
- I can’t keep a notebook to save myself. I know that sounds mad considering I write as much as I do and have as many books planned as I do (we are up to 25 books total planned now — I think) but they are all held in my noggin because notebooks… yeah can’t do them.
- I’m a bullet journal junkie – yes, I’m aware that’s odd considering my inaptitude for note-keeping – I LOVE bullet journaling. LOVELOVELOVE! I fell out of the habit over summer got back into it and have since fallen out of it again. It’s all swings and roundabouts with me, but I love it. Will post a flip-through sometime.
- I may seem like an extroverted, confident person – I’m actually the opposite and if given the choice I’d probably never leave the house.
- I’m a bit of an insomniac.
- I used to be a competitive swimmer.
- I taught myself to write in braille.
- I find typography fascinating.
As I am so late to the game on this one I am not going to tag 10 bloggers but I will say that anyone who hasn’t done this and would like to… TAG you’re it xx
My questions are…
1.If you had an animal familiar… what would it be?
2. What was the defining moment in your childhood?
3. Favourite bedtime story as a kid?
4. How many books have you read this year?
5. Favourite driving song/soundtrack/playlist?
6. Favourite food?
7. What does the colour green mean to you?
8. Christmas jumper or no christmas jumper?
9. Do you have a doppleganger?
10. If you had secret mind powers… what’s the first thing you would do with them?